At Schwartz, Junell, Greenberg & Oathout, LLP, we have handled or tried virtually every kind of civil dispute that a business may have with another business or individual. We are experienced trial attorneys, mediators, arbitrators and counselors, with experience in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Commercial Litigation: If a business has a dispute with another individual or business, our attorneys have probably handled or tried a similar case. We will learn your business and understand your problem or dispute, so you can obtain the best possible result.
- Employment & Labor: We represent employers in employment and labor law disputes and assist executives with employment and separation agreements.
- Energy: We represent major oil and gas companies, product manufacturers, and service companies with a wide range of legal issues, including disputes regarding contracts, labor and employment, insurance, exploration and production, personal injury, responding to subpoenas, construction defects, third party indemnity, and intellectual property.
- Insurance: We help our clients with their insurance disputes and we work with major insurers in protecting their insureds and our clients' interests when sued. We handle insurance coverage litigation involving manuscript and form policies in numerous areas, including A&E, P&I, Hull, CGL, D&O, Marine, excess and umbrella, and Professional Malpractice. We also provide coverage opinions for insurers and insureds.
- Personal Injury, Products and Toxic Torts: The firm has experience in defending personal injury claims based upon negligence and product liability, and represents companies involved in manufacturing, construction, electrical contracting, emergency services, and numerous other areas.
- Emergency Service Organizations: The firm represents volunteer fire departments, emergency medical services organizations, rescue squads, hospital districts and other governmental, quasi-governmental, and non-profit organizations in all types of civil litigation, including wrongful death, injury, health care liability, property damage, civil rights, auto and employment disputes.
- Intellectual Property: The firm handles disputes involving trade secrets, trademarks, patents, covenants not to compete, confidentiality, non-solicitation, and unfair competition.
- Securities: We have been involved in the biggest class actions in the U.S. and represented individuals who have lost money due to securities law violations.
- Environmental: As counsel for major oil companies, and for PRPs, we have pursued cost recovery and contribution under the Super Fund law and defended against claims by others for cost recovery and contribution.
- Transportation: We handle the legal concerns of businesses involved in the movement of goods by land or sea.
- Admiralty: We handle cases involving all sorts of admiralty law claims, including wrongful death and personal injury claims under the general maritime law and the Jones Act and salvage claims.
- Real Estate: We provide counseling and litigation services for commercial and residential real estate transactions and disputes.
- Executive Employment Agreements: We counsel executives on their employment, non-competition/confidentiality/non-solicitation, separation and retirement agreements.
- Contract & Business Counseling: We help businesses review contracts before execution, with particular focus on indemnity, insurance, limitations on consequential damages, clarity of obligations, and remedies.
- Mediation & Arbitration: Members of our firm serve as neutral mediators and arbitrators and we are experienced advocates in mediation and arbitration.
- Appeals: We handle appeals in the Texas Courts of Appeals, the Supreme Court of Texas, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and other circuits, and the United States Supreme Court.
Contact us for more information.